Joey, 7 years old, is a quick learner and an enthusiastic playmate with a generous heart. Joey was diagnosed with PDD-NOS and Mood Disorder-NOS at age 2.5.
Need help? Need support? Need answers?
Our Parent Advocates have walked in your shoes and successfully raised children with ASD
Sessions with a Parent Advocate
Meet one-on-one with Parent Advocate, Mitchell Siegel and get your questions answered. Sessions are held in-person, by phone and mail or online from anywhere in the United States. A complimentary session is available.
“When we were overwhelmed with trying to understand our son’s Neuropsych evaluation, Mitchell translated it into language we could actually understand. He then made valuable suggestions to the recommendations section that were more specific and actionable. This led to the evaluation’s revision and ultimately to our son getting a deferral to CBST. In addition, Mitchell helped us cope more effectively with the impact of ASD on our family. We want the best for our son and Mitchell helped restore our hope for his future.”
Leton & Camille H.
Get help understanding and gaining access to a comprehensive early intervention program for your child with state and/or private early intervention services, coping with the impact of ASD on you and your family and becoming an effective advocate for your child.
We also help you:
- Select the right specialist to evaluate your child and get a medical diagnosis
- Locate state-of-the-art facilities and/or hospitals that conduct multi-disciplinary evaluations
- Interpret your child’s evaluation(s) and associated educational recommendations
- Learn about the different therapeutic models available for your child
- With on-site support at state early intervention meetings, including your first IFSP meeting
- Find appropriate kindergarten private schools for your child
- Learn how to write SMART IEP goals
Individual session: $150/hour
10 session package: $1200 (savings of 20%)
“ASD Action Plan” Workshop
Our intensive four-day “ASD Action Plan” workshop is for parents who have received an ASD diagnosis for their child within the last 18 months. The NYC-based workshop meets Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday for two and a half hours per day. The workshop is offered online via Google hangouts or in-person. ACH will customize workshops for groups larger than ten with organizations that serve parents with ASD children.
Workshop Fee: $295.00 per person
The workshop will cover:
Early diagnosis and early intervention
- The critical importance of early intervention
- The essential components of a comprehensive early intervention program
- Understanding and gaining access to free state-provided early intervention services
- Augmenting state services with private early intervention specialists
- Choosing the right pre-school program for your child
The Impact of ASD
- The unique impact of ASD on you and your family
- The emotional and social ramifications
- Healthy and constructive ways to cope
- Tools and strategies for self-care and wellness
Advocating for Your Child
- Understanding your legal rights
- Becoming an effective and empowered advocate
- Learn to be organized and effective
- Learn why it’s important to be a team player
After purchase you will receive a welcome email with the NYC location of the workshop and other pertinent information.